Pre & Post Surgical Care
Whether preparing for surgery or recovering, you need a comprehensive physical therapy program that is customized for you and delivers the best possible outcome; OTH Therapy is here to help.
Pre and Post-Operative Care – What’s Included?
When preparing for your surgery, our pre-operative care is specially designed by our therapists to help you optimize your outcome after surgery. Prior to your operation, we work with you to maximize strength, range of motion, and function, as well as provide education and help you prepare mentally.
Following surgery, our goal is to return you to your prior level of physical function including successfully returning to work, recreation, and other activities. We customize a post-operative care program for you to promote healing, reduce pain and swelling, and restore joint mobility, flexibility, and strength. After a thorough evaluation, our therapists will work with you to set functional goals as well as restore normal movement, flexibility, and function.
Get Healthy Before and After Surgery
OTH Therapy ’s comprehensive pre- and post-operative care includes:
- Educating patients on immediate post-surgical exercises and precautions
- Improving muscular control for faster recovery
- Increasing overall well-being and fitness
- Mentally preparing for surgery
- Reducing pain and inflammation prior to operating
- Exercises for strength, flexibility and increased range of motion